Sunday, January 3, 2010

Predictions for the Year 2000

From The Ladies Home Journal of December 1900

The Ladies Home Journal from December, 1900, contained an article by John Elfreth Watkins, Jr.: What May Happen in the Next Hundred Years. Mr. Watkins wrote: “These prophecies will seem strange, almost impossible. Yet, they have come from the most learned and conservative minds in America. To the wisest and most careful men in our greatest institutions of science and learning I have gone, asking each in his turn to forecast for me what, in his opinion, will have been wrought in his own field of investigation before the dawn of 2001 - a century from now. These opinions I have carefully transcribed.”

Well, I am about ten years late in analyzing Mr. Watkins' predictions. However, I think they are still interesting and many of them were surprisingly accurate.

To continue reading: Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment