Monday, May 10, 2010

Branches - A Major New Windows Genealogy Program

Review by Dick Eastman
Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter

At the recent conference of the National Genealogical Society, I had a chance to look at a new Windows genealogy program. To say that I was impressed would be an understatement. This program has the best user interface I have ever seen in any genealogy program on any operating system. It looks like Google Earth for genealogy.

I returned home after the conference and soon downloaded the program, installed it, and have now used it for a few days. I am still very impressed with Branches.

Branches is advertised as "Genealogy Software of the 21st Century." That is in reference to the user interface. I would rate the rest of the program's features as "good" to "very good," but the user interface deserves a rating of "outstanding." But I am getting ahead of myself.

Branches is a brand new genealogy program for Windows produced by Sherwood Electronics. I published the company's press release a few days before the conference at http://blog.eogn.com/eastmans_online_genealogy/2010/04/sherwood-electronics-launches-branches.html. However, that press release doesn't do justice to the program. In fact, I'll have difficulties describing the program properly in this text-based review. To full understand and appreciate what this program does, you must see it in operation. Luckily, that is easy to do. You can download the program and use it for 30 days at no charge.

To continue reading this extensive review: Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment