Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thomas Bell Genealogy

Research and Compiled by MHS Board Member Kevin Mullins

Generation No. 1

1. THOMAS1 BELL was born Abt. 1802 in NC. He married LITARZA ?. She was born Abt. 1809 in NC.

Notes for THOMAS BELL:

Lived in Claiborne Co, listed as "M" [Mulatto] on 1850 census. Children lived in Hancock Co, sometimes listed as "M" , others a "W". It's possible that this branch of Bells came from the Bells who became part of the Lumbee Indian tribe in North Carolina.

To continue reading: Click Here.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a direct descendant of Thomas Bell, My name is Steve Bell, son of Jackie Bell, who was the son of Doss Bell, the son of Hilton Bell, the son of Bennett Bell. Who was the son of Thomas Bell. Making Thomas my great great great grandfather. I would love to know if anyone has Thomas' parents names, or His wife's parents names. Preferably Toms though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey im kacey my grandfather was alfred bell son of doss bell im looking for the same info as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey im kacey my grandfather was alfred bell son of doss bell im looking for the same info as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, My name is Barry Bell. I am the son of Lester Bell, son of Lester Bell, son of Doss Bell. I grew up in Jefferson County, TN Doss is buried in New Market, Tn. Is Alfred alive? The last time I saw anyone from that side of the family was at Jacky's funeral.

      Delete