Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Life in Possum Holler

Life in Possum Holler
A Blog By
Carolyn Earle Billingsley, Ph.D.
Saline County, Arkansas

Six articles in this blog are labeled "Melungeon" but a search for the word Melungeon turns up seven more. Not that articles with the word Melungeon in them are the only ones of interest, but this is precisely why I am not a big fan of using Blogspot labels when a perfectly good blog search engine is provided.

To view Dr. Billingsley's blog: Click Here.

Particularly recommended is the January 10, 2005 article entitled "Review Essay: Melungeons" which reviews MHS president Wayne Winkler's 2004 book Walking Toward the Sunset: The Melungeons of Appalachia. This article is not labeled "Melungeon" but must be found through a search of the blog or by going into the blog's archives.

To go directly to this article: Click Here.

Note: These links will take you outside this blog. I would recommend opening them in a separate window or tab (if your browser supports tabbed browsing), which your browser may do in any event, depending on the browser you are using and how it is configured; otherwise, use your browser's back-button to return.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you've found things of significance in my blog. My main focus with my blog is to post items of value in my areas of interest--and a main area of interest to me is Melungeons and other "mixed-race" groups.

    For that very reason, I'm a great admirer of The Melungeon Historical Society blog, which has the most reliable information anywhere on the Melungeons.

    Unfortunately, when I began the blog, tags were not available. I've been working in my spare time (!) to add tags, but I've a long way to go to get all of the items tagged. I'm glad you pointed out that there is more there than the tags indicate.

    Many thanks for the wonderful job y'all are doing with this site. Regards, Carolyn Earle Billingsley, Ph.D.

    ReplyDelete